New for 2019
Watch the site for new changes to SUMN.org this year! We'll be collaborating with the Minnesota Prevention Resource Center and your Regional Prevention Coordinators to help meet your prevention needs.
SUMN.org is part of a system created to support substance use prevention efforts in Minnesota
SUMN.org is one provider within a system of support services for people and organizations to engage in addressing the root causes of substance abuse. Together, this system provides the information, in-person support, and data to be effective, save time, implement best practices, and grow substance abuse prevention in more Minnesota communities. This system includes these 3 components:
Providing impactful data to help you make decisions, monitor trends, share data effectively with stakeholders, and establish priorities with your community. This tool:
- Gives you access to data on the use patterns, consequences, and contributing factors of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs in Minnesota.
- Allows you to view this data by topic, location, or demographic categories.
- Helps you easily create custom charts, maps, or data tables.
- Provides you with ready-to-use data factsheets, reports, and tip sheets available for download.
Providing the information you need by:
Working to help you start and grow prevention efforts in your community through personalized support and consultation on:
- Where to begin
- Getting the right people to the table
- Creating a plan
- Putting the work into action
- Figuring out what’s working and what’s not
This system of three support services is funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Behavioral Health Division. Minnesota Prevention Resource Center was established in 1978, the Regional Prevention Coordinators in 2005, and Substance Use in Minnesota in 2008.
Subscribe for SUMN e-Alerts
Sign up to receive emails when new data and resources are added to SUMN. You can find the 'Subscribe' button in the bottom right corner of each SUMN page. We promise you won't receive more than two e-alerts per month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Errata and Technical Corrections:
Please email email@example.com if you believe you have found an error, broken link, or other site issue.